Vote for fellow Cornell alum Pete Ten Eyck’s donuts (well, the donuts from his Indian Ladder Farms!) in the Times Union 2013 poll. Vote here: http://blog.timesunion.com/recipebox/
I feel we have the best product (no trans fats used, contains cider make on the farm from our own handpicked apples, no drops) but that’s beside the point. Clearly this year, the contest is not about the best doughnut. No one has sampled 16 different doughnuts from the Capital District and identified the best one.
The formal voting has morphed into vote on which farm is most admired and and appreciated by the community and selfishly I would like Indian Ladder to make as strong showing as possible in our 98th year of business and the 10th anniversary of the retirement of the development right on the farm.
[Our Cornell community] has had a part, large or small in our progress to date and if you feel a small statement in our favor is in order please take the time to cast a vote at the site.
Vote here: http://blog.timesunion.com/recipebox/
Cornell Club of the Greater Capital District | For and by our regional Cornell Community.
Zinck’s Oct. 17 registration ending. Sign up today! Apple picking and A Cappella concert, too. We don’t normally send out so close to the last email, but we wanted to let you know about these new events happening very soon.
1. International Spirit of Zinck’s | Brown’s Brewing in Troy | Thursday, October 17
Let’s meet for drinks (responsibly, natch) at Theodore Zinck’s! Get ready for trivia and swag! Free appetizers, cash bar.
More info: http://cornellclub.net/2013/09/26/international-spirit-of-zincks-night-in-troy-ny-oct-17-2013/
2. Apple Picking at Indian Ladder | Altamont | Saturday, October 19
More info: http://cornellclub.net/2013/10/09/apple-picking-at-indian-ladder/
3. Class Notes A Cappella free concert | Schuylerville | Saturday, October 12
This just in from a justifiably proud parent of a singer. We’re happy to promote.
More info: http://cornellclub.net/2013/10/10/class-notes-a-capella-concert-schuylerville-high-october-12/
4. Cornell Block Tix for Men’s Hockey vs. RPI and Union | November 8 (Fri) and 9 (Sat)
Ticket purchase deadlines October 21 (Union) and October 25 (RPI) coming up quick.
More info: http://cornellclub.net/2013/09/26/cornell-mens-hockey-v-rpi-and-union-2013-rpi-game-nov-8/
5. Find our local Cornell Club on Facebook
Join us for some facetime on Facebook. Like the Club here: https://www.facebook.com/CCGCD. Get information about our events and general alumni and Cornell news and info.
6. Local Scholarship
A big part of the Club’s mission is to fund a scholarship for one or more deserving local students each year. When you next donate to Cornell, as part of the Annual Fund drive (http://www.alumni.cornell.edu/fund/), please consider “checking ‘Other'” and indicating your contribution is for the “Scholarship of the Cornell Club of the Greater Capital District”.
Cornell Club of the Greater Capital District online.
- Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CCGCD | Follow on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CornellClubGCD
- Email. This email listserv is open to the Cornell Community writ large. To join, email a message to CCGCD-Lemail@example.com; the body of the message is simply “join”. To leave, email a message to CCGCD-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org; the body of the message is simply “leave”. You must send the “join” or “leave” message from the email address where you (intend to) receive the e-list’s messages. Update your info with Cornell here: http://alumni.cornell.edu/services/update-info.cfm.
The Class Notes: Cornell University’s Original Co-Ed A Cappella Group
Saturday, October 12th at 7:00pm
Schuylerville Jr./Sr. High School Auditorium, 14 Spring Street, Schuylerville, NY 12871
Featuring Schuylerville Alumna Alexandra Griffen
Open seating, no admission charge. Free-will donations gladly accepted.
CD’s will be available for purchase.